About Sri Chamundeshwari Temple
Sri Chamundeshwari Temple in Mysore
Chamundeshwari temple is one of the most popular Hindu temples in Mysore and is one of the famous Mysore tourist spots. It is located at the top of the Chamundi hills at a height of about 3,489 feet above the sea level. The distance between Mysore city and Chamundi hills 13km.
Chamundeshwari Devi receives prayers in the celebration of the demised demon Mahishasura. Chamundeshwari temple consists of a total of 1000 steps from the foot of the Chamundi hills built by Dodda Devaraja Wodeyar in 1659.
Sri Chamundeshwari Temple Specialty:
- The goddess of Chamundeshwari seated on a lion, killing the monster with her Trishul weapon. Chamundeshwari temple is one of the most visited places in Mysore. This temple receives thousands of visitors every day.
- Chamundeshwari temple is constructed in quadrangular shape and this temple was built in the style of Dravidian style architecture.
- The main attraction of this temple is a seven-tier tower called "gopuram" or "gopura".
- The temple is comprised of Sanctum Sanctorum, Navaranga Hall, Antharala Mandapam. On the top of sanctum sanctorum, there is a small tower called "vimana".
- Every day, free meals are also organized for devotees from 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
Way to Reach Chamundeshwari Temple:
- Chamundeshwari Temple is situated at a distance of 13km from Mysore city.
- Every day several buses are found going to Sri Chamundeshwari Temple from Mysore. Cabs, autos, and buses are available in the Mysore city to reach the famous Chamundeshwari Temple.
Chamundeshwari Temple Entry Fee: No Entry Fee
Chamundeshwari Temple Abhishekam Timings:
Every Day: 6:00 am – 7:30 am
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Friday: 5:00 am – 6:30 am
Chamundeshwari Temple Spending Time: 1hour
Chamundeshwari Temple Address:
Chamundi Hill Rd, Mysuru, Karnataka, 570010, India
Chamundeshwari Temple Famous For Temple, Tourism, Nature, and Photography
Every day, free meals are organized for devotees from 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
|Monday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Sunday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm|